Reports to: UK Examinations Manager
Department: UK Examinations
Salary: £17,000 – 18,000
Location: ISTD HQ, London
Application to be made in writing with CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
PURPOSE: To be responsible for processing examinations’ bookings within the UK Examinations Department, working across the department as required
Key Result Areas (KRA’s):
- To manage and administer the process of examinations booking from receipt of request to issue of timetable.
- To manage and undertake communications in relation to examinations bookings, with teachers, Centres and examiners
- To ensure all data in relation to examination sessions are accurate
- To ensure all processes are delivered within agreed time frames
- To deal effectively and efficiently with problems arising from examination bookings
- To escalate to Examinations Officer any serious issues in an efficient and timely manner
- To record details of each session within the electronic diary
- To ensure that all records are properly maintained and to manage filing as required
- To understand the differences within the three areas of the UK department’s work and to effectively work across all areas
- Maintain geographical knowledge to assist in the effective matching of examiner and request
- Adhere to all Quality Assurance procedure relating to the examinations booking process at all times
- Conduct other activities as and when requested as part of your role with ISTD
- Comply with all Health & Safety and Security regulations at all times as detailed in the Company’s policies
Key Performance Indicators:
- Delivery against SLAs
- Delivery against operational objectives
- Feedback from client surveys
- Quality of data within FAIM
- Quality of departmental records
- Individual objectives
- Adherence to Quality Assurance procedures
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Demonstrable experience of business processing
- Experience of delivering administration in a fast paced organisation
- An understanding of information technology with good IT skills
- Excellent data entry skills (as large volume of data entry)
- Organised and methodical approach to work
- Excellent understanding of how to delivery within tight time scale
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- Good telephone manner and customer service skills
- Good time management skills
- Understanding of membership organisations
- Knowledge/understanding of dance education
- Understanding/experience of examinations board processing
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Effective communication
- Working with Others
The work in the department requires high levels of accuracy and speed to meet the requirements of clients and regulators. Co-operation across the department is essential to maintain the quality of work. Normal hours are 9.00 – 17.00. However, occasionally there may be a requirement to work outside of these hours.
Salary: £17,000 – 18,000
Holiday: 20 days per annum
Closing date: 14th June, 2013 (This is a six month contract)
Application Process: Please send your CV along with a covering letter to Dawn James on email@example.com
ABOUT THE ISTD
The Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing (ISTD) is the leading professional body for dance professionals across multiple genres. It forms a community of around 7,500 active members around the world as students, teachers and examiners.
ISTD Head Office provides a wide variety of services to members, including: the opportunity to gain qualifications, access to sources of information and advice, and the chance to network and meet like-minded people at events. We provide additional products and services such as training and publications for members and non-members.
We have around 42 staff, most of whom work at our offices at Imperial House in Paul Street, London. We also have the ISTD2 Dance Studio located in Old Street, which hosts examinations, workshops and other events and activities.
The job will be based in offices at ISTD HQ, 22-26 Paul Street, London, EC2A 4QE.
Other Conditions of Service
The ISTD is an equal opportunities employer. We operate a no smoking policy.