JOB DESCRIPTION –
Job Title: Examinations Administrator (3 Days Per Week)
Salary: £18,000 pro-rata
Responsible to: Head of Department International Examinations
Main Purpose of Job: To process examination paperwork and despatch timetables, results, awards and certificates in the delivery of examinations to meet the needs of members/teachers outside of the United Kingdom, whilst dealing with queries throughout the examination process
Closing date: Friday 29th August 2014
Please send CV and covering letter to Dawn James, firstname.lastname@example.org.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Provide support to the Examinations Officers in the administrative processes required for organising and planning of practical dance examinations, ensuring that all candidates are registered, timetables are checked processed and despatched, returned reports are logged and processed, and all awards are despatched.
- Respond to queries before and after examinations from Members/teachers, as well as from other ISTD departments, in a timely and professional manner within agreed performance standards.
- Make the necessary checks to ensure the probity of any requests, ie candidate registration requests, check age restriction, investigating requests for amendment or duplicate certificates, etc.
- Maintain any databases or recording systems accurately and efficiently, and provide data / information as requested by colleagues and internal customers.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as required by the Head of Department including providing cover elsewhere as required.
- Clear verbal and written communications skills in English, with a demonstrable awareness and understanding of the potential impacts of language and cultural differences in the delivery of a good service
- Proven administrative ability, with experience of processing data accurately and demonstrating excellent attention to detail, while multi-tasking and meeting deadlines
- Good awareness of time zones and knowledge of global geography sufficient to offer practical suggestions / solutions to queries and difficulties raised with them.
- Excellent keyboard skills and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Willing and able to work on their own initiative, while remaining aware of own limitations and when they should ask for help
- Proven experience of working effectively within a team to deliver excellent customer service
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including using databases and researching the Internet
- Attitude of personal responsibility and accountability and a flexible and ‘can-do’ attitude towards the workplace
- Desirable: experience of working within a dance, awarding body, or examinations environment
- Desirable: ability to speak another language, relevant to the areas where the ISTD provides a service
ABOUT THE ISTD
The Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing (ISTD) is the leading professional body for dance professionals across multiple genres. It forms a community of around 7,500 active members around the world as students, teachers and examiners.
ISTD Head Office provides a wide variety of services to members, including: the opportunity to gain qualifications, access to sources of information and advice, and the chance to network and meet like-minded people at events. We provide additional products and services such as training and publications for members and non-members.
We have around 42 staff, most of whom work at our offices at Imperial House in Paul Street, London. We also have the ISTD2 Dance Studio located in Old Street, which hosts examinations, workshops and other events and activities.
The job will be based in offices at ISTD HQ, 22-26 Paul Street, London, EC2A 4QE.
Other Conditions of Service
The ISTD is an equal opportunities employer. We operate a no smoking policy.