Job Title: Personal Assistant
Responsible to: Chief Executive
Main Purpose of Job: To Provide an efficient support and administrative service to the Chief Executive and Executive Director in particular providing a single point of co-ordination for all board, committee and faculty meetings, whilst dealing with queries and supporting administrative duties throughout the organisation as needed
Areas of Responsibility
- To provide confidential Personal Assistant and administrative support to the Executive team members, ensuring the smooth running of the department’s work through the creation and maintenance of a strong network of internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Actively administer and attend Council meetings, and Committees as necessary, and produce agendas and accurate meeting reports and minutes within required timescales and distributing information to members, liaising as necessary with internal and external stakeholders to schedule meetings and notify attendees.
- Liaise with meeting Chairman to finalise minutes of meetings.
- Maintain both electronic and paper-based administrative systems necessary to support the effective and efficient running of the Executive team.
- Compile data and provide reports as required for the Executive, Committees etc.
- Carry out any other activities as required eg administering Faculties ballot, organisation of events, support other departments with administrative functions as necessary
- Significant experience of working independently in an office environment, dealing with people at all levels and from all backgrounds to provide effective and efficient administrative support.
- Proven ability to work without close supervision and prioritise/organise own activities in a manner which ensures all objectives are met in a timely fashion.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, both orally and in writing, demonstrated through a clear and professional telephone manner, effective drafting of letters and reports, and a professional personal demeanour in dealing with visitors and board/faculty members.
- Proven understanding and experience of providing a confidential, professional and customer focussed support service, prioritising the needs of the organisation to deliver objectives.
- Good secretarial skills, with a track record of providing high quality minutes and meeting notes for board level meetings.
- Experience of using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook to produce professional documents, manage data, and communicate effectively.
- Attitude of personal responsibility and accountability and a flexible and ‘can-do’ attitude towards the workplace
- Audio typing
- Shorthand/speed note taking
- Demonstrable ability to process data accurately, with excellent attention to detail, in order to produce or contribute to the production of reports for the Executive team or boards / committees
Salary upon request.
Applications CV and Covering letter to email@example.com. Interviews will be held 24th and 25th October.
Closing date 21st October
ABOUT THE ISTD
The Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing (ISTD) is the leading professional body for dance professionals across multiple genres. It forms a community of around 7,500 active members around the world as students, teachers and examiners.
ISTD Head Office provides a wide variety of services to members, including: the opportunity to gain qualifications, access to sources of information and advice, and the chance to network and meet like-minded people at events. We provide additional products and services such as training and publications for members and non-members.
We have around 42 staff, most of whom work at our offices at Imperial House in Paul Street, London. We also have an ISTD2 Dance Studio located in Old Street, which hosts examinations, workshops and other events and activities.
Other Conditions of Service
The ISTD is an equal opportunities employer. We operate a no smoking policy.