Advanced Dance Teacher Training Qualifications
Advance your career as a Dance Teacher
Progress your career with a range of internationally recognised higher level teaching qualifications and degree options:
Each evidences your advanced teaching skills and opens up new career opportunities as briefly explained below:
- Enter students for any ISTD examinations
- Apply to become an Approved Tutor for ISTD’s DDI/ DDE Qualifications
- Apply to become a Faculty Committee member
- Progress onto ISTD Fellowship, ISTD’s highest teaching qualification
- Apply to British Dance Council for a Championship Adjudicators’ Licence (Dancesport genres)
- All of the benefits from ISTD Licentiate and
- Enables you to apply to become an ISTD Examiner
ISTD Level 6 Diploma in Dance Pedagogy
- UK DDP Graduations are eligible to apply for Qualified Teacher Learning & Skills (QTLS) and get employed in the state funded education sector on qualified teacher pay scales.
- Progress onto the ISTD Fellowship, ISTD’s highest teaching qualification
- Apply for Middlesex University BA and MA degree courses
Middlesex University BA in Professional Practice
- Enables ISTD teachers to apply to progress onto a Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) as a route to achieving Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Apply for Middlesex University MA degree course
Middlesex University MA in Professional Practice
These five qualifications offer a wide range of opportunities for anyone who holds an initial dance teaching qualifications as well as professional dancers looking to change career or experienced dance teachers from other sectors.
If you do not fulfil the entry requirements for ISTD Level 6 Diploma in Dance Pedagogy, Licentiate or Fellowship but feel you have the required knowledge or experience, you can apply for APEL to access these qualifications. The Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL) scheme takes account of your professional experience and unregulated qualifications to enable you to by-pass the usual requirements for ISTD Level 6 Diploma in Dance Pedagogy, Licentiate or Fellowship qualifications.
Discover which option best suits your interest by contacting the Higher Qualifications Co-ordinator on: email@example.com or call 02073771577
Note: ISTD Licentiate and ISTD Fellowship qualifications are non-regulated qualifications while ISTD Level 6 Diploma in Dance Pedagogy and Middlesex University BA and MA degrees are regulated qualifications.