ISTD Level 6 Diploma in Dance Pedagogy Applications Open Now!
29 June 2012
We are now accepting applications for the January 2013 intake on the Level 6 Diploma in Dance Pedagogy programme!
Calling all professional or ex-professional dancers!
Remember the teacher who inspired you to become a dancer?
This is your chance to pass that dream on to someone else...
Apply now to gain an ISTD Level 6 Diploma in Dance Pedagogy – applications are open until 10th September 2012, with the course starting in January 2013
The ISTD Level 6 Diploma in Dance Pedagogy gives candidates the opportunity to refine their transferrable skills and enable progression within employment and between sectors.
What is it? A vocational dance teaching qualification regulated at Level 6 of the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) that builds on previous training, knowledge and experience to develop and refine your teaching skills within the context of your chosen dance genre. It is available in Cecchetti Ballet, Classical Greek, Imperial Ballet, Modern Theatre, National, South Asian and Tap Dance.
Who is it for? Both experienced dance teachers and ex-professional dancers looking to move into dance teaching. And with a flexible, part-time course of study, the Level 6 allows you to combine your studies with work and family life.
Why choose this programme of study? In the increasingly competitive dance sector, it is essential to give yourself the tools needed to sustain a lifelong career in dance teaching and the opportunities to work across both private and public sectors. By investing in and being passionate about your own continuing professional development, you will grow and develop both professionally and personally through the learning and critical reflection process. Furthermore, it should improve your employability.
How can I study for it? Start our two year, part-time programme in January 2013 at our central London ISTD2 Dance Studios with practical workshops, taught sessions, feedback from a personal mentor and group tutorials.
Until 10th September 2012: Applications are open.
1st – 5th October 2012: Interview week.
January 2013: Start of the programme.
This programme is designed to take your teaching to the next level and develop and enhance the skills you already have. In addition:
- It gives you the chance to pursue your teacher training with the ISTD with a genre-specific qualification regulated at Level 6 of the QCF, which is equivalent in level of demand to the final year of a degree.
- Being qualified in a specific ISTD genre allows you to enter candidates for ISTD examinations on joining the ISTD as a member. On top of this, on completion of the qualification, you are eligible for Licentiate status of the ISTD in the relevant genre.
- Following the recent decision by the UK Department for Education, further education teachers who have Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS) status by the IfL and are members of the IfL will be recognised as qualified teachers in state maintained schools. This means that, on completion of this programme and after achieving your QTLS with the IfL, you would also have access to teaching positions in the maintained sector.
- Is recognised by the Institute for Learning (IfL) as covering the requirements of the Level 5 Diploma in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector. This gives you the opportunity to teach in the further education and skills sector in England and Wales.
- Gives you access to teaching positions in state maintained schools once you have Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills status with the IfL and are a member of the IfL – all without the need for further training.