Accounts Payable / Fee Officer
Job Title: Accounts Payable / Fee Officer
Responsible to: Finance Manager
Main Purpose of Job: To deal with all finance matters in accordance with the Society’s policies and procedures and as directed by the Finance Manager, accurately recording and reporting the Society’s financial transactions and supporting internal and external stakeholders.
Location: ISTD, Imperial House, 22-26 Paul Street, London, EC2A 4QE
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Maintain the Society’s sales ledger including processing all receipts and ensuring all payments against invoices are carried out accurately, working closely with colleagues to deal with all queries efficiently and effectively, and ensuring that daily receipts are banked promptly
- Reviewing aged sales & purchase ledgers on a monthly basis, ensuring that all balances are correct.
- Maintain the Society’s purchase ledger, working closely with colleagues to deal with all queries efficiently and effectively, and preparing payments for the different payment methods used at the Society.
- Carrying out company credit card analysis and posting to IRIS Exchequer
- Maintain the Petty cash, ensuring that all payments and receipts are posted to Exchequer and that petty cash is reconciled and topped up at month end
- Assist in the preparation of other reports and in supporting other activities as requested, eg bank reconciliation, control accounts etc.
- Carry out any other administrative and other tasks as necessary to maintain an efficient finance team.
- Fully numerate without a total reliance on calculation aids, ie able to spot whether a total is likely to be accurate or not, and understand where errors may have been made in order to rectify them quickly and efficiently
- At least two years’ experience of working in finance, with experience of working a range of different aspects of finance department work, such as sales or purchase ledger, petty cash, banking, payroll and expenses processing etc, knowledge of accounting systems / packages and good technical accounting and analytical skills, and the ability to understand and produce creditor and debtors listing
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal, with experience of customer liaison and support
- Attitude of personal responsibility and accountability and a flexible and ‘can do’ attitude towards the workplace, with a commitment to continuous improvement both personally and for the team/organisation
- Ability to work to deadlines and anticipate and resolve problems within the scope of the role, referring issues to a more senior colleague in a timely fashion where necessary
- Awareness of, and commitment to compliance with, other legislative frameworks which affect organisations, eg health & safety, data protection, equality and diversity
- Experience in high levels accuracy and speed to meet the requirements of clients and regulators.
- Flexible and able to work as directed by the Finance Manager and at times outside office hours.
- Experience of working within accounts within a charitable organisation
- Accountancy/book-keeping qualification
- Good understanding of VAT
To apply please submit a copy of your CV and detailed covering letter explaining how your skills and experience match the position advertised via email to firstname.lastname@example.org