Education & Training Assistant
Job Title: Education & Training Assistant
Responsible to: Head of Department
Main Purpose of Job: The focus of the post is to provide administrative support to the Education & Training Department as needed.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
These services may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative support to the Department, supporting the planning and delivery of courses and events in order to ensure that they run effectively and efficiently, that all materials are produced as needed, and that all bookings and incoming and outgoing payments are logged and processed in accordance with the Society’s requirements.
- Respond to queries before and after events/courses from delegates, tutors and the membership, as well as from other ISTD departments, in a timely and professional manner within agreed standards.
- Support the Professional Development Manager to perform routine and ad hoc customer engagement/communication activities within agreed timescales. Ensure the availability and distribution of promotional materials to the membership, and the receipt and collation of evaluation feedback.
- Take part in careers fairs, summer schools, exhibitions and events as required, supporting provision of materials, and delegate registration and support.
- Issue certification/proof of attendance to delegates in order to comply with Continuous Professional Development requirements, to identified timescales.
- Maintain the departmental pages of the ISTD website, any databases, filing systems or recording systems accurately and efficiently, and provide data/ information as requested by colleagues and internal customers.
- Support the organisation with general reception and telephone duties as required.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as required by the Professional Development Manager, Head of Department or Executive Management.
- Clear verbal and written communications skills in English, in particular in dealing efficiently and competently with telephone and electronic queries from customers.
- Proven administrative ability, with experience of processing data accurately and demonstrating excellent attention to detail while multi-tasking and meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrable experience of working in an accurate, organised and methodical fashion to tight timescales.
- Excellent keyboard skills and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Willing and able to work on their own initiative, while remaining aware of own limitations and when to ask for help.
- Proven experience of working effectively in a team to deliver excellent customer service.
- Attitude of personal responsibility and accountability and a flexible and ‘can-do’ attitude towards the workplace
- Previous experience of working within a dance, dance education or training environment, or similar
To apply please forward an up-to-date CV to email@example.com. Closing date for applications: 30th September 2018
ABOUT THE ISTD
The Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing (ISTD) is the leading professional body for dance professionals across multiple genres. It forms a community of around 7,000 active members around the world as students, teachers and examiners
The job will be based in offices at ISTD HQ, 22-26 Paul Street, London, EC2A 4QE.