Job Title: Examinations Administrator
Responsible to: Head of UK Examinations
Main Purpose of Job: To process examination paperwork and despatch results, awards and/or certificates in the delivery of examinations to meet the needs of members/teachers within the United Kingdom
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Provide support to the Examinations Officers in the administrative processes required for organising and planning of practical dance examinations, ensuring that all candidates are registered, timetables are checked processed and despatched, returned reports are logged and processed, and all awards are despatched.
- Respond to queries before and after examinations from candidates, teachers and Members, as well as from other ISTD departments, in a timely and professional manner within agreed performance standards.
- Make the necessary checks to ensure the probity of any requests, ie membership requests, investigating requests for amendment or duplicate certificates, etc.
- Maintain any databases or recording systems accurately and efficiently, and provide data / information as requested by colleagues and internal customers.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as required by the Head of Department including providing cover elsewhere as required.
- Clear verbal and written communications skills in English, in particular in dealing efficiently and competently with telephone and electronic queries from customers.
- Proven administrative ability, with experience of processing data accurately and demonstrating excellent attention to detail, while multi-tasking and meeting deadlines
- Demonstrable experience of working in an accurate, organised and methodical fashion to tight timescales.
- Excellent keyboard skills and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, and of using databases and researching the internet
- Willing and able to work on their own initiative, while remaining aware of own limitations and when they should ask for help
- Proven experience of working effectively within a team to deliver excellent customer service
- Attitude of personal responsibility and accountability and a flexible and ‘can-do’ attitude towards the workplace
- Desirable: experience of working within a dance, awarding body, or examinations environment