Responsible to: Finance Manager
Duration: Fixed One Year contract (Maternity Cover)
Main Purpose of Job: To deal with all finance matters in accordance with the Society’s policies and procedures and as directed by the Finance Manager, accurately recording and reporting the Society’s financial transactions and supporting internal and external stakeholders.
Areas of Responsibility
- Maintain the Society’s sales ledger including processing all receipts and ensuring all payments against invoices are carried out accurately, working closely with colleagues to deal with all queries efficiently and effectively, and ensuring that daily receipts are banked promptly
- Reviewing aged sales & purchase ledgers on a monthly basis, ensuring that all balances are correct.
- Maintain the Society’s purchase ledger, working closely with colleagues to deal with all queries efficiently and effectively, and preparing payments for the different payment methods used at the Society.
- Carrying out company credit card analysis and posting to IRIS Exchequer
- Maintain the Petty cash, ensuring that all payments and receipts are posted to Exchequer and that petty cash is reconciled and topped up at month end
- Assist in the preparation of other reports and in supporting other activities as requested, eg bank reconciliation, control accounts etc.
- Carry out any other administrative and other tasks as necessary to maintain an efficient finance team.
- Experience of working in finance, with experience of working a range of different aspects of finance department work, such as sales or purchase ledger, petty cash, banking, payroll and expenses processing etc, knowledge of accounting systems / packages and good technical accounting and analytical skills, and the ability to understand and produce creditor and debtors listing
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal, with experience of customer liaison and support
- Attitude of personal responsibility and accountability and a flexible and ‘can do’ attitude towards the workplace, with a commitment to continuous improvement both personally and for the team/organisation
- Ability to work to deadlines and anticipate and resolve problems within the scope of the role, referring issues to a more senior colleague in a timely fashion where necessary
- Awareness of, and commitment to compliance with, other legislative frameworks which affect organisations, eg health & safety, data protection, equality and diversity
- Experience of working within accounts
- Accountancy/book-keeping qualification
- Some understanding of VAT or PAYE
The work in the department requires high levels of accuracy and speed to meet the requirements of clients and regulators. Co-operation across the department is essential to maintain the quality of work. Normal hours are 9.00 - 17.00. However, occasionally there may be a requirement to work outside of these hours.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter and send both to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 1 December 2017
Interviews will take place on 5 and 6 December 2017
About the ISTD
The Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing (ISTD) is the leading professional body for dance professionals across multiple genres. It forms a community of around 7,500 active members around the world as students, teachers and examiners.
ISTD Head Office provides a wide variety of services to members, including: the opportunity to gain qualifications, access to sources of information and advice, and the chance to network and meet like-minded people at events. We provide additional products and services such as training and publications for members and non-members.
We have over 70 staff, most of whom work at our offices at Imperial House in Paul Street, London.
Other Conditions of Service
The ISTD is an equal opportunities employer. We operate a no smoking policy.