Head of Department – International Examinations
Job Title: Head of Department – International Examinations
Responsible to: Director of Examinations
Main Purpose of Job: To oversee the International Examinations Department in providing excellent customer focused service to the Membership and the examiners whilst ensuring effective and efficient delivery of the operations.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- As a member of the Extended Leadership Team, offer active participation and involvement in the development and execution of the overall ISTD and Faculty Management Strategy, contribute to the delivery of the ISTD Corporate Plan, and ensure that reports are provided to relevant committees as requested.
- Collaborate with other ISTD departments and the Faculties to implement and support the growth strategy in exploring new opportunities and markets for international examinations.
- Oversee the operational management of the International Examinations department in delivering a global approach to examination planning and examiner allocation in order to ensure that all resources are used effectively and efficiently to meet the needs of the organisation, the Faculties and the Membership.
- Lead, manage, develop and motivate the staff within the International Examinations Department in order to deliver an effective, efficient and customer focused examinations service to international Members outside the UK.
- Lead on the continuous review of the departmental policies, processes and procedures to ensure they meet the internal and the relevant regulatory requirements whilst delivering an effective, efficient and customer focused examinations service.
- Manage the relationships with suppliers, such a travel management companies, to ensure the department receives cost effective and high level customer service, analysing the financial information provided by the suppliers on a regular basis.
- Provide support, out of hours if necessary, to examiners, ensuring that any difficulties notified are resolved quickly, appropriately and efficiently.
- Manage allocated budget following organisational strategy and operating practices, and reporting to the Director of Examinations as necessary, ensuring that all expenses incurred by examiners are properly incurred and recorded for audit purposes.
- Contribute to the marketing of the organisation and its services, including the provision of information and articles to ‘Dance’ magazine, and support to events, as required.
- As a member of the Extended Leadership Team, participate in any other projects or tasks as required to support the strategic direction of the organisation.
- Degree level qualification, or equivalent.
- Experience at management level, leading and motivating teams to deliver high quality results.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English, with a demonstrable awareness and understanding of the potential impacts of language and cultural differences on staff, customers and stakeholders.
- Experience of using effective performance and staff / resource management strategies to ensure the delivery of continuous improvement in customer focused service.
- Proven ability to plan, deliver and support a worldwide service, with a good understanding of how this must meet cultural and time differences and how resources, in particular examiners, used must match the requirements of the examinations schedule
- Experience of budgets, financial planning and forecasting.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills to support effective decision making.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with an ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Attitude of personal responsibility and accountability and a flexible and ‘can-do’ attitude towards the workplace
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience of working within a dance, awarding body, or arts environment.
- Experience of travel management.
- Ideally, the ability to speak at least one other language in use within countries where the Society has members.
Salary £45,000 - £50,000
Please send a cover letter and CV to HR@istd.org
Closing Date 29th July 2019