Head of Teacher Training
Job Title: Head of Teacher Training
Responsible to: Director of Education
Main Purpose of Job: The focus of the post is to manage the ISTD’s teacher training provision world-wide, including both regulated and unregulated qualifications. This is a senior management position that contributes to the development and delivery of the ISTD’s long-term strategy and requires and international perspective.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Lead, manage and motivate the Teacher Training team in order to deliver an effective and efficient service to trainee teachers, ensuring ongoing compliance with national standards and achieving continuous improvement for the organisation.
- Working closely with the Director of Education, the Dance Directorate and external stakeholders, actively develop appropriate teaching qualifications to continually improve the delivery of dance teaching and learning.
- As a member of the Extended Leadership Team, offer active participation and involvement in the development and execution of the overall ISTD Strategy, contribute to the delivery of the ISTD Business Plan, and ensure that reports are provided to relevant committees as requested.
- Work with the Director of Education to manage and develop existing external relationships and to build new partnerships.
- Collaborate with the Director of Education to identify and act upon the training needs and requirements for tutors, examiners and assessors in relation to professional qualification delivery, facilitating high quality teacher training in the UK and internationally.
- Promote the update of ISTD teacher training to students, parents and external organisations as required, e.g higher education establishments, accredited centres, dance teachers/schools etc.
- Maintain an international perspective to developing and delivery ISTD’s teacher training services and qualifications.
- Ensure a co-ordinated approach to the work such that all resources are used effectively and efficiently to meet the needs of the organisation, Faculties and the Membership.
- Manage and deliver training for teachers, tutors, assessors and students when and as appropriate to need.
- Oversee the production of training resources and teaching documentation for level 4 and 6 courses ensuring high quality standards are met in line with regulatory requirements.
- Oversee materials on the online platform ‘Totara’ ensuring resources are current, relevant and are reviewed on a regular basis to meet the educational needs and demands of the target audience.
- Manage allocated budget following organisational strategy and operating practices and reporting as necessary to the council and to the CEO, ensuring that all income and expenditure is properly recorded for audit purposes.
- Contribute to the marketing of the organisation and its service, including the provision of articles, as required, to ‘Dance’ magazine.
- As a member of the Extended Leadership Team, participate in any other projects or tasks as required to support the strategic direction of the organisation.
- Educated to degree level in dance, or an associated subject.
- Qualified Teacher at QTS, QTLS, Licentiate or equivalent.
- In-depth understanding of best practice in dance teaching and learning.
- Experience of planning, developing and delivering high quality teacher training programmes and events to meet the needs of the learners.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, with a proven ability to provide and present clear reports and information to a wide range of audiences.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills to support effective decision making and to resolve difficulties encountered.
- Proven people management experience and the ability to work both independently and as part of a time.
- Demonstrable ability to manage budgets to deliver the service required whilst achieving good value for the organisation.
- Attitude of personal responsibility and accountability and a flexible and ‘can do’ attitude towards the workplace.
- Masters degree qualification.
- Experience of working within a dance, dance education or dance training environment.
- Experience of working within an accredited training, education or awarding body context.
- Experience of working internationally.
- Prior knowledge / experience of the private dance sector.
Salary £45,000 - £50,000
Please send a cover letter and CV to HR@istd.org
Closing Date 29th July 2019