HR Senior Officer
The ISTD is seeking to appoint a Senior HR Officer to recruit, support and develop staff talent by developing policies and managing procedures.
The successful candidate will have substantial HR experience experience, coupled with excellent interpersonal skills and an interest in dance / arts.
The ISTD is one of the world's leading dance examination boards, encompassing a diverse range of dance genres. The UK Examinations Department organises over 4500 days of exams annually, working with dance teachers across our 11 Faculties.
Job Title: HR Senior Officer
Responsible to: Chief Executive
Main Purpose of Job
Provide an efficient and proactive administrative service in relation to HR, to include HR advice, guidance, coaching and support to Managers and employees with a focus on recommending people solutions which drive best practice, fairness and reduce risk for the business, through agreed processes and in accordance with relevant employment law and Staff Handbook.
Areas of Responsibility
- The administration of the Society’s outsourced Payroll function
- To interface with the Finance department, Executive and Head of Departments when required to ensure the smooth and accurate exchange of information eg starters/leavers/changes; etc
- Proactively handle employee relations issues through to satisfactory resolution including disciplinary, grievance, performance, capability and other people issues
- Act as a catalyst for the successful implementation and promotion of HR initiatives within the Society eg Performance Management & Job Evaluation
- Actively contribute to ensuring that the Society’s resourcing plan delivers quality candidates to meet the needs of the business including assistance in the production of role profiles, determining the most appropriate source for candidates and selection through interviews and testing etc
- Act as a subject matter internal expert for all HR and employment-related questions including the handling of restructuring, redundancy and redeployment within the Society, liaising with external HR Advisors
- Act as challenge to the business and managers ensuring due process has been considered and that decisions that affect people have been carefully evaluated and deployed
- Actively source, administer and review training for the Society
- Undertake ad hoc, project work and policy development work as directed and guided by the CEO
- Keep abreast of developments in employment legislation and case law, and be proactive in ensuring that managers are appropriately briefed on relevant changes and new legislation. To participate in training managers on employment procedures
- Administration of Consultancy and Events Contracts
- Significant experience of working independently in an office environment, dealing with people at all levels and from all backgrounds to provide effective and efficient HR administrative support
- Proven ability to work without close supervision and prioritise/organise own activities in a manner which ensures all objectives are met in a timely fashion
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both orally and in writing, demonstrated through a clear and professional telephone manner
- Two years post CIPD qualification
- Proven understanding and experience of providing a confidential, professional and customer focussed support service, prioritising the needs of the organisation to deliver objectives
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure, time management, customer focus, flexibility and adaptability
- Extensive experience in an HR generalist role i.e. at least two years of working in a similar role
- Good up to date knowledge of Employment law, company policies and procedure
- Good understanding of consultative skills and techniques
- Demonstrable ability to process data accurately, with excellent attention to detail, in order to produce or contribute to the production of reports such as turnover of staff for all/parts of the business
- Experience of using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook to produce professional documents, manage data, and communicate effectively
- Attitude of personal responsibility and accountability and a flexible and ‘can-do’ attitude towards the workplace; approachable and engaging individual
- Experience in Counselling
- Commercial and business awareness
- Experience of change management
To apply please send a copy of your CV with a covering letter, clearly detailing how your experience meets the duties and person specification for this post, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 5pm on Monday 26 March 2018. Interviews will be held w/c 2 April.