International Examinations Officer – Greek-speaking
The ISTD is one of the world’s leading dance examination boards, encompassing a wide and diverse range of dance genres.
The International Examinations Department of ISTD is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Greek-speaking Examinations Officer on a fixed-term contract until 31st December 2020 with the possibility of extension to support the work of this busy department. Duties include coordinating and arranging international tours for examiners and liaising with teachers and examiners based around the globe. The successful candidate will be a native Greek speaker with good organisational, communication and computer skills, coupled with a friendly personality and a ‘can-do’ attitude.
|Job Title:||International Examinations Officer – Greek-speaking|
|Responsible to:||Head of Department International Examinations|
|Main Purpose of Job:||To manage the effective and efficient planning, organisation and delivery of all aspects of practical dance examinations outside the United Kingdom to meet the needs of the organisation and international Members.|
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Collect, research and analyse information on the needs of each of your designated countries, and plan the exam periods accordingly.
- Manage the examination entry process following company policies and syllabus requirements, including the verification of the membership status, candidate eligibility and accuracy of details on the online exam management system within strict deadlines.
- Manage the examiner allocation process and effective tour planning by reviewing the established conditions, organising all travel arrangements for examiners, working flexibly to meet the needs of Members; and proactively handle any arising issues and complications as needed.
- Maintain accurate records ensuring compliance with GDPR and monitor all income and expenditure, ensuring that the tours are cost effective, and exam fees are received correctly within set deadlines.
- Act as the primary point of contact and build long-term relationships with Members for whom English may not be their first language and may be located in different time-zones in a professional manner, including provide support with the use of the online exam management system.
- Collaborate with other ISTD departments and the Faculties as required, for example, to arrange sitting in sessions, examiner upgrading and ongoing monitoring of international examiners.
- Work flexibly and provide support to other operational areas/colleagues as required and carry out any other reasonable duties as required by the Head of Department or Executive Management including translation needs for the International department.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English, with a demonstrable awareness and understanding of the potential impacts of language and cultural differences on working with others to deliver a good service.
- Native speaker ability in the appropriate language for the region they are responsible for; in this case, the language is Greek.
- Proven experience of developing and managing complex procedures in a fast paced, high volume office environment.
- Commitment to a high standard of customer service, with excellent interpersonal skills and confidence in dealing with enquires from internal and external contacts.
- Excellent organisational skills, coupled with the ability to multi-task, prioritise, remain calm under pressure, and see tasks through to completion whilst demonstrating accuracy and strict attention to detail.
- Critical thinking and good analytical problem solving skills to support effective decision making, using own initiative in particular in resolving difficulties experienced by staff travelling world-wide.
- Excellent team player, working flexibly and with others to meet the needs of Members, customers and the organisation.
- Sound IT skills with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, aptitude towards online management systems.
- Attitude of personal responsibility and accountability and a flexible, ‘can-do’ attitude towards the workplace.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and GDPR data protection legislation requirements.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Ability to speak Italian, Spanish, Mandarin or any other language of the countries, where the ISTD operates in.
- Experience of travel or event management.
- Experience of working within an examination board, awarding body or dance/arts environment.
Salary: £24,000 per annum
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 28th January 2020 at 10:00
To apply, please submit a copy of your CV and a covering letter explaining how your skills and experience match the position advertised via email to HR at: HR@istd.org
Please also ensure you quote the ‘job title’ of the vacancy you are applying for in the subject matter of the email.