Marketing & Membership Officer
Job Title: Marketing & Membership Officer
Responsible to: Head of Marketing & Membership Support Services Department
Main Purpose of Job: Provides a marketing service to the organisation, liaising with and supporting other team members to ensure that all opportunities are taken to promote the work of the Society and encourage increased levels of membership.
Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible, as first point of contact, for responding to all general marketing and press enquiries, and for signposting any other enquiries received to other departments / faculties.
- Leads on sourcing, developing and implementing marketing and promotional opportunities, working with relevant colleagues and departments and external contacts as necessary.
- Supports the membership services administrator by responding to membership queries and taking subscription payments over the phone, and passing them on for processing.
- Writing and issuing press releases, features, articles and advertisements, as well as proof-reading copy and collating other items (competitions, letters etc) for DANCE magazine and other publications and electronic media as necessary.
- Leads on adding industry news items, DANCE magazine content and display advertisements, and maintaining classified ads, on the website.
- Provides daily updates on and responds to queries received from social media, and responsible for creating and sourcing content for each email newsletter.
- Communicating with DANCE advertisers, booking advertisements, receiving artwork, collating financial information and chasing/processing payments etc.
- Carry out any other necessary administrative processes to support the work of the department.
- As a member of the Marketing & Membership team, participate in any other projects or tasks as required to support the objectives of the organisation.
- Experience in marketing and communications, particularly social media and digital marketing, ideally in a dance, arts, cultural or charity sector.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English, in particular in dealing efficiently and competently with telephone and electronic queries from customers, and in writing copy for publication.
- Proven administrative ability, with experience of processing data accurately and demonstrating excellent attention to detail while multi-tasking and meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrable experience of working in an accurate, organised and methodical fashion to tight timescales.
- Excellent keyboard skills, a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience of using, or ability to readily learn how to use, CRM systems and / or membership databases.
- Willing and able to work on their own initiative, while remaining aware of own limitations and when they should ask for help.
- Proven experience of working effectively in a team to deliver excellent customer service.
- Attitude of personal responsibility and accountability and a flexible and ‘can-do’ attitude towards the workplace.
- Ideally, previous experience of working in marketing within a dance, dance education, arts or training environment, or similar.
- Creative and able to generate ideas for strong editorial features.
- Website redevelopment / maintenance, digital marketing experience.
Salary: On request
Holiday: 20 days per annum
Sent your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: Monday 12th October 2015.
About the ISTD
The Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing (ISTD) is one of leading professional bodies for dance professionals across multiple genres. It forms a community of around 7,000 active members around the world as students, teachers and examiners.
We have around 42 staff, most of whom work at our offices at Imperial House in Paul Street, London. We also have the ISTD2 Dance Studio located in Old Street, which hosts examinations, workshops and other events and activities.
The Marketing Team consists of the Head of Marketing & Membership Support Services, Design & Publications Manager, Membership Services Administrator, In-House Graphic Designer and Marketing & Membership Officer.
Hours of Work
The ISTD’s standard office hours are 09.00 to 17.00 hours Monday to Friday.
The job will be based in offices at ISTD HQ, 22-26 Paul Street, London, EC2A 4QE.
Other Conditions of Service
The ISTD is an equal opportunities employer. We operate a no smoking policy.