Professional Qualifications Assistant
Job Title: Professional Qualifications Assistant
Responsible to: Professional Qualifications Manager
Main Purpose of Job: Provides administrative support in ensuring the registration of candidates and entry for assessments and examinations for the regulated Level 3 and 4 teaching qualifications offered by the Society, and in the development and monitoring of related quality assurance procedures.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Responsible for the administrative processes supporting the delivery and assessment of professional regulated teaching examinations, including registering candidates; preparing examination papers and disseminating these and related documents to approved dance centres;
- Logging and initial checks on returned papers, essays, and portfolios for moderation; and liaising with other departments for practical examinations; processing & recording fees, financial claims & invoices in preparation for authorisation.
- Responsible for mailings to approved dance centres, markers and assessors, and maintaining their records on databases.
- Support the Professional Qualifications Officer with the administration for re-approval of ADCs, for marker training days and moderation panels
- Respond to queries from the Education & Training Department, ADCs and candidates on registration and entries
- Support departmental colleagues with any other administrative duties as required
- Participate in any other projects or tasks as required to support the Society’s aim and objectives.
- Proven ability to input and extract data efficiently and effectively, including both electronic and paper-based information, showing excellent attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and of using databases to enter, extract and manipulate data accurately and efficiently
- Good verbal and written communications skills in English and good skills in numeracy
- Good team player, working flexibly and with others to meet the needs of Members, customers and the organisation
- Good customer service skills, with proven experience of constantly striving to meet customer needs
- Attitude of personal responsibility and accountability and a flexible and ‘can-do’ attitude towards the workplace
- Ability to communicate in Italian or Greek would be helpful.
- Interest or experience in Dance, Arts or Education.
Salary up to £19,000
To apply please forward an up-to-date CV to email@example.com Closing date for applications: Sunday 12th Aug 2018.
ABOUT THE ISTD
The Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing (ISTD) is the leading professional body for dance professionals across multiple genres. It forms a community of around 7,000 active members around the world as students, teachers and examiners
The job will be based in offices at ISTD HQ, 22-26 Paul Street, London, EC2A 4QE.