Professional Qualifications Assistant
Job Title: Professional Qualifications Assistant
Responsible to: Professional Qualifications Officer
Main Purpose of Job: Provides administrative support to the Professional Qualifications Officer in ensuring the registration of candidates and entry for assessments and examinations for the regulated Level 3and 4 teaching qualifications offered by the Society, and in the development and monitoring of related quality assurance procedures
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Responsible for the administrative processes supporting the delivery and assessment of teaching examinations, including registering candidates; preparing examination papers and disseminating these and related documents to approved dance centres;
- Logging and initial checks on returned papers, essays, and portfolios for moderation; and liaising with other departments for practical examinations; processing & recording fees, financial claims & invoices in preparation for authorisation.
- Responsible for mailings to approved dance centres, markers and assessors, maintaining an up-to-date contact list.
- Support the Professional Qualifications Officer with the administration for re-approval of ADCs, for marker training days and moderation panels
- Respond to queries from the Education & Training Department, ADCs and candidates on registration and entries, liaising with the Professional Qualifications Officer as necessary
- Support departmental colleagues with any other administrative duties as required
- Participate in any other projects or tasks as required to support the Society’s aim and objectives.
- Proven ability to input and extract data efficiently and effectively, including both electronic and paper-based information, showing excellent attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and of using databases to enter, extract and manipulate data accurately and efficiently
- Good verbal and written communications skills in English and good skills in numeracy
- Good team player, working flexibly and with others to meet the needs of Members, customers and the organisation
- Good customer service skills, with proven experience of constantly striving to meet customer needs
- Attitude of personal responsibility and accountability and a flexible and ‘can-do’ attitude towards the workplace
- Ability to communicate in Italian would be helpful.
- Interest or experience in Dance, Arts or Education.
ABOUT THE ISTD
The Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing (ISTD) is the leading professional body for dance professionals across multiple genres. It forms a community of around 7,000 active members around the world as students, teachers and examiners.
ISTD Head Office provides a wide variety of services to members, including: the opportunity to gain qualifications, access to sources of information and advice, and the chance to network and meet like-minded people at events. We provide additional products and services such as training and publications for members and non-members.
We have around 50 staff, most of whom work at our offices at Imperial House in Paul Street, London. We also have an ISTD2 Dance Studio located in Old Street, which hosts examinations, workshops and other events and activities.
Hours of Work
The ISTD’s standard office hours are 09.00 to 17.00 hours Monday to Friday with a one-hour break for lunch. All variations from standard hours must be authorised by the appropriate line manager, who may require that hours of work be altered for organisational reasons.
The job will be based in offices at ISTD HQ, 22-26 Paul Street, London, EC2A 4QE.
Other Conditions of Service
The ISTD is an equal opportunities employer. We operate a no smoking policy.