Professional Qualifications Officer
Job Title: Professional Qualifications Officer
Responsible to: Professional Qualifications Manager
Main Purpose of Job: Responsible for the quality assurance and development of assessments for the higher level qualifications offered by the Society. Involves assisting in the development and monitoring of quality assurance procedures and assessments and the administration of marking.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Work alongside the Professional Qualifications Assistant to ensure candidates are fully registered and entered for relevant qualifications and assessments.
- Responsible for the allocation and tracking of examination assessments, for the checking and recording of candidates’ results for all units of ISTD teaching qualifications and final qualification achievement, and for ensuring the certification and recording of certificate issue dates
- Co-ordination and delivery of Unit marking training and moderation panels, ensuring that standards required by regulatory bodies are fully met and maintained for both written and practical examinations, and outputs recorded. Referral of issues relating to quality to the Professional Qualifications Manager and Head of Department
- Liaise with relevant colleagues to ensure the production, recording and monitoring of questions, essay titles, examination papers & marking schedules to ensure effective moderation and prevent fraud
- Responsible for the approval and re-approval processes of Approved Dance Centres (ADCs), liaising with ISTD inspectors and colleagues in other departments where relevant, ensuring all regulatory authority criteria are met, and monitoring changes to approved dance centres.
- Carrying out checks as necessary, including site visits to ADCs, to ensure compliance with examining procedures
- Deal with complaints, enquiries and appeals relating to professional qualifications, including matters of suspected malpractice, liaising with the Customer Services Officer and the Head of Department as necessary.
- Support the Professional Qualifications Manager and Head of Department in developing, sourcing, and managing the delivery of revised assessments, liaising with ISTD subject matter experts as appropriate, and striving for continuous improvement
- Provision of reports to management on areas of responsibility on request, including budget streams, performance statistics and management information and proposals for development/ revision of qualifications, procedures etc
- Participate in any other projects or tasks as required to support the Society’s aim and objectives.
- Attitude of personal responsibility and accountability and a flexible and ‘can-do’ attitude towards the workplace
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills to support effective decision making and to identify and manage priorities and resolve difficulties encountered: solution focussed
- Proven ability to work both on own initiative and as part of a team, at both strategic and tactical levels
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English, with a proven ability to provide and present clear reports and information to a wide range of audiences in order to promote and maintain compliance with regulatory and ISTD standards
- Demonstrable experience of working within in an examining, training or awarding body, preferably within Dance or the Art, supporting qualification quality assurance and administrative processes
- Interest or experience in Dance, Arts or Education
Salary: £22,000 - £24,000
To apply please forward an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date for applications: Sunday 12th Aug 2018.
ABOUT THE ISTD
The Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing (ISTD) is the leading professional body for dance professionals across multiple genres. It forms a community of around 7,000 active members around the world as students, teachers and examiners
The job will be based in offices at ISTD HQ, 22-26 Paul Street, London, EC2A 4QE.