Professional Qualifications Officer
Responsible to: Professional Qualifications Manager
Main Purpose of job: Responsible for the quality assurance and development of assessments for the higher-level qualifications offered by the Society. Support PQ Manager in the delivery of the centre approvals by providing excellent customer service and efficient support to applicant centres through the application process to meet the required quality criteria.
Areas of responsibility
- Ensure the smooth and efficient processing of candidate registration to ISTD teaching qualifications, including processing of fees, migration of candidates and exemptions in accordance of the required quality criteria.
- Support PQ Manager in ensuring the accurate submission, processing, standardisation, marking and quality assurance processes of the portfolio assessment in accordance to internal procedures.
- Support PQ Manager in arranging periodic moderation panel meetings and managing the relevant quality assurance processes, including the issuing of accurate and secure results and certificates to centres and candidates according to internal procedures and within agreed timelines.
- Identify, log and investigate potential assessment incidents, and corrective actions, ensuring timely resolution of internal/external customer queries, in line with the ISTD’s standard operating procedures and service level agreement.
- Identify, report and escalate any errors, inconsistencies or issues to PQ Manager and Head of Quality Assurance.
- Respond to all queries about registrations, migrations, exemptions and certificates in a timely manner.
- Support PQ Manager in managing the processing of all new applications for centre approval and re-approval of current centres, providing assistance to centres during the application process as needed.
- Ensure applications for prospective and current centres are thoroughly vetted, so that the operational procedures and quality assurance arrangements meet ISTD quality guidelines.
- Support PQ Manager in managing the ongoing and robust monitoring of existing centres and incorporate this information into decisions on re-approvals.
- Assess qualifications of potential tutors at prospective tuition providers to ensure they meet the required criteria.
- Maintain the in-house databases ensuring information is always accurate and reliable for use throughout the Society.
- Keep up to date with regulatory changes and work collaboratively with the Head of Quality Assurance and PQ Manager to ensure all policies and procedures that relate to assessment and centre approvals are consistent and compliant with regulatory requirements.
- Work collaboratively with staff from other departments, including the Examinations and Education departments.
- Participate in any other projects or tasks as required to support the Society’s aim and objectives.
- Attitude of personal responsibility and accountability and a flexible and ‘can-do’ attitude towards the workplace.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills to support effective decision making and to identify and manage priorities and resolve difficulties encountered: solution focussed.
- Proven ability to work both on own initiative and as part of a team, at both strategic and tactical levels
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English, with a proven ability to provide and present clear reports and information to a wide range of audiences in order to promote and maintain compliance with regulatory and ISTD standards
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office (Outlook, Word and Excel).
- Demonstrable experience of working within in an examining, training or awarding body, preferably within Dance or the Art, supporting qualification quality assurance and administrative processes
- Interest or experience in Dance, Arts or Education.
- 33 days holidays inclusive of bank holidays + 4 days office closure between Christmas and new year
- Life insurance
- Pensions plus an additional 3% employer increase if matched by the employee
- Season ticket loan after probation
- 24/7 access to EAP provided by Health Assured
- A variety of staff events organised by the Social Committee
Closing date: 20th November 2019
Please forward an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org