Professional Qualifications Officer
The ISTD is one of the most well-respected examination boards in the dance industry. With more than 250,000 examinations each year and 7,000 members worldwide, we are an extremely busy organisation and we currently have a job opportunity for a hard-working individual who is well motivated and excited at the prospect of becoming involved with such a prestigious Society.
Responsible to: Head of Customer Services and Quality Assurance
Main Purpose of Job: Responsible for the quality assurance and development of assessments for the higher level qualifications offered by the Society. Involves assisting in the development and monitoring of quality assurance procedures and assessments and the administration of marking.
Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible within a team of another Officer and an Assistant, for day to day administration of candidate registration for our professional dance teaching qualifications, as well as entry for examinations, financial accounting and results issue in stated timescales
- Responsible for the allocation and tracking of examination papers, for the checking and recording of candidates’ results for all units of ISTD teaching qualifications and final qualification achievement, and for ensuring the certification and recording of certificate issue dates
- Responsible for the approval and re-approval processes of Approved Dance Centres (ADCs), liaising with ISTD inspectors and colleagues in other departments where relevant, ensuring all regulatory authority criteria are met, and monitoring changes to approved dance centres
- Carrying out checks as necessary, including site visits to ADCs, to ensure compliance with examining procedures
- Co-ordination and delivery of marker training and moderation panels, ensuring that standards required by regulatory bodies are fully met and maintained for both written and practical examinations, and outputs recorded. Referral of issues relating to quality to the Head of Department
- Liaise with Question Development Panel and relevant colleagues to ensure the production, recording and monitoring of questions, essay titles, examination papers & marking schedules to ensure effective moderation and prevent fraud
- Deal with complaints, enquiries and appeals relating to professional qualifications, including matters of suspected malpractice, liaising with the Quality Assurance Manager and the Head of Department as necessary
- Support the Head of Department in developing, sourcing, and managing the delivery of revised assessments, including online assessment, and liaising with ISTD subject matter experts as appropriate, striving for continuous improvement
- Provision of reports to management on areas of responsibility on request, including budget streams, performance statistics and management information and proposals for development/ revision of qualifications, procedures etc
- Participate in any other projects or tasks as required to support the Society’s aim and objectives
- Attitude of personal responsibility and accountability and a flexible and ‘can-do’ attitude towards the workplace
- Proven ability to work within timescales and prioritise workload
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English, with a proven ability to provide and present clear reports and information to a wide range of audiences in order to promote and maintain compliance with regulatory and ISTD standards
- Strong analytical problem solving skills to support effective decision making and to identify and manage priorities and resolve difficulties encountered: solution focussed
- Proven ability to work both on own initiative and as part of a team, at both strategic and tactical levels
- Demonstrable experience of working within in an examining, training or awarding body, preferably within Dance or the Arts, supporting qualification quality assurance and administrative processes
- Interest or experience in Dance, Arts or Education.
- Language skills in Greek or Italian
To apply please send your CV with a covering letter explaining your relevant qualifications/and or work experience to Cynthia Pease at Recruit_CS@istd.org
Closing date: Monday 22nd January 2018
Interviews to be held: w/c 29th January 2018
Please also ensure you quote the ‘job title’ of the vacancy you are applying to in the subject matter of the email.
About the ISTD
The Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing (ISTD) is the leading professional body for dance professionals across multiple genres. It forms a community of around 7,500 active members around the world as students, teachers and examiners.
ISTD Head Office provides a wide variety of services to members, including: the opportunity to gain qualifications, access to sources of information and advice, and the chance to network and meet like-minded people at events. We provide additional products and services such as training and publications for members and non-members.
We have around 70 staff, most of whom work at our offices at Imperial House in Paul Street, London.
Other Conditions of Service
The ISTD is an equal opportunities employer. We operate a no smoking policy.