Quality Assurance Assistant–International & Dancesport
Department: Customer Services & Quality Assurance
Job Title: Quality Assurance Assistant – International & Dancesport
Responsible to: Quality Assurance Officer
Main Purpose of Job: Provides administrative support to the processing of examination results in accordance with quality assurance standards.
To apply: please send a C.V. and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Friday 11th July 2014
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Support the processing of all examinations results within their area of work in particular checking candidates’ details against database entries for errors, entering results onto the database, scanning the results for the archive, and despatching results and issuing certificates within defined timescales
- Contribute to the maintenance of all records, files and databases in order that information/data can be obtained readily by any staff member
- Contribute to responding to queries such as those from colleagues regarding administrative queries and or from teachers on queries regarding the processing of examination results
- Support the arrangements for reasonable adjustments to be made for disabled candidates, maintaining any records required as necessary
- Work effectively as part of a team, supporting team colleagues to ensure the timescales are achieved effectively in relation to all quality assurance work
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as required by the Head of Department or Executive Management.
- Proven ability to input and extract data efficiently and effectively, including both electronic and paper-based information, showing excellent attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and of using databases to enter, extract and manipulate data accurately and efficiently
- Good verbal and written communications skills in English, and good numeracy skills
- Good team player, working flexibly and with others to meet the needs of Members, customers and the organisation
- Good customer service skills, with proven experience of constantly striving to meet customer needs
- Attitude of personal responsibility and accountability and a flexible and ‘can-do’ attitude towards the workplace
- Interest or experience in Dance, Arts or Education
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Hours of work: Standard hours are Monday to Friday 09.00 – 17.00
Working outside of these hours may be required on occasion
Holiday: 20 days per annum
The successful applicant may be asked to apply for a Disclosure from the Criminal Records Bureau.
ABOUT THE ISTD
The Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing (ISTD) is the leading professional body for dance professionals across multiple genres. It forms a community of around 7,500 active members around the world as students, teachers and examiners.
ISTD Head Office provides a wide variety of services to members, including: the opportunity to gain qualifications, access to sources of information and advice, and the chance to network and meet like-minded people at events. We provide additional products and services such as training and publications for members and non-members.
We have around 42 staff, most of whom work at our offices at Imperial House in Paul Street, London. We also have the ISTD2 Dance Studio located in Old Street, which hosts examinations, workshops and other events and activities.
The job will be based in offices at ISTD HQ, 22-26 Paul Street, London, EC2A 4QE.
Other Conditions of Service
The ISTD is an equal opportunities employer. We operate a no smoking policy.