Quality Assurance Officer
Job Title: Quality Assurance Officer – International Examinations, Dancesport and Additional Needs
Responsible to: Quality Assurance Manager
Main Purpose of Job: Processes examination results within their operational area including certificate issue, including resolving errors, and taking responsibility for responding to requests for reasonable adjustments as required.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Manage the overall workflow and supervision of the Quality Assurance Assistant Processing all examinations results within their area of work through Quality Assurance despatching results and certificates within defined timescales
- Supervise the day to day work of the Quality Assurance Assistant, working collaboratively with them to deliver a service.
- Dealing with queries (whether internal or external) relating to administration, errors, and those relating to results, liaising with colleagues and examiners as necessary to reach a resolution
- Ensuring that results databases and archives and other records are maintained efficiently and accurately, and providing and/or reporting on data as required
- Take responsibility for leading on the processing of reasonable adjustments to be made for disabled candidates, ensuring that any issues or difficulties arising are dealt with efficiently and tactfully.
- Work effectively as part of a team, supporting team colleagues to ensure the timescales are achieved effectively in relation to all quality assurance work
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as required by the Head of Department or Executive Management.
- Good verbal and written communications skills in English in order to liaise with teachers, members of the public, examiners, and resolve queries effectively
- Ability to enter, process and analyse data accurately, with excellent attention to detail and good numeracy skills
- Excellent team player, working flexibly and with others to meet the needs of Members, customers and the organisation
- Excellent customer service skills, with experience of dealing with customer queries and complaints within prescribed parameters
- Ability, and experience, of working on own initiative with a sensitivity to own levels of knowledge and understanding and delegated authority
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and of using databases to enter, extract and manipulate data
- Attitude of personal responsibility and accountability and a flexible and ‘can-do’ attitude towards the workplace
- Experience of working within an examination, FE College or Training Provider environment
- knowledge of disabilities or experience supporting reasonable adjustments for examinations
To apply please forward an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date for applications: Sunday 12th Aug 2018.
ABOUT THE ISTD
The Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing (ISTD) is the leading professional body for dance professionals across multiple genres. It forms a community of around 7,000 active members around the world as students, teachers and examiners
The job will be based in offices at ISTD HQ, 22-26 Paul Street, London, EC2A 4QE.