UK Examinations Administrator (3 Month Fixed Term Contract)
The Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing (ISTD) is the leading professional body for dance professionals across multiple genres. It forms a community of around 7,500 active members around the world as students, teachers and examiners.
We have approx. 70 staff, most of whom work at our offices at Imperial House in Paul Street, London. ISTD Head Office provides a wide variety of services to members, including: the opportunity to gain qualifications, access to sources of information and advice, and the chance to network and meet like-minded people at events. We provide additional products and services such as training and publications for members and non-members.
Job Purpose: UK Examinations Department is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Administrator for a three months FTC to support the work of this busy department. Duties include maintaining databases and liaising with teachers and examiners based in the UK as well as team members within the department. The work in the department requires high levels of accuracy and speed to meet the requirements of clients and regulators. Co-operation across the department is essential to maintain the quality of work. The successful candidate will have good organisational, communication and computer skills, coupled with a friendly personality and a ‘can-do’ attitude.
KEY RESULTS AREAS (KRA's)
- To manage and administer the process of examinations booking from receipt of request to issue of timetable
- To manage and undertake communications in relation to examinations bookings, with teachers, Centres and examiners
- To ensure all data in relation to examinations sessions are accurate
- To ensure all processes are delivered within agreed time frames
- To deal effectively and efficiently with problems arising from examinations' bookings
- To escalate to Examinations Officer any serious issues in an efficient and timely manner
- To record details of each session in the departmental diary
- To ensure that all records are properly maintained and to manage filing as required
- To understand the differences within the three areas of the UK department's work and to effectively work across all areas
- Maintain geographical knowledge to assist in the effective matching of examiner and request
- Adhere to all Quality Assurance procedure relating to the examinations booking process at all times.
- Conduct other activities as and when requested as part of your role with ISTD.
- Comply with all Health & Safety and Security regulations at all times as detailed in the Company's policies.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Delivery against SLAs
- Delivery against organisational objectives
- Feedback from client surveys
- Quality of data within FAIM
- Quality of departmental records
- Individual objectives
- Adherence to Quality Assurance procedures
- Demonstrable experience of business processing
- Experience of delivering administration in a fast paced organisation
- An understanding of information technology with good IT skills
- Excellent data entry skills
- Good numerical keyboard skills
- Organised and methodical approach to work
- Excellent understanding of how to deliver within tight time scale
- Excellent analytical skills and pays great attention to detail
- Good oral and written skills
- Good telephone manner and customer service skills
- Good time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure during busy periods.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player as well as able to work independently.
- Understanding of membership organisations
- Knowledge/understanding of dance education
- Understanding/experience of examinations board processing
Salary: £18,000 (pro rata)
To apply: Send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 13/Oct/2018