UK Examinations Officer
Responsible to: Head of UK Examinations
Main Purpose of Job: To manage the effective and efficient planning, organisation and delivery of all aspects of practical dance examinations within the United Kingdom to meet the needs of the organisation and its Members.
Areas of Responsibility
- Manage the examination entry process following company policies and syllabus requirements, including the verification of the membership status, candidate eligibility and accuracy of details on the online exam management system within strict deadlines. Adhere to all quality assurance requirements.
- Manage the administration requirements for examiner allocation and booking processes; communicating effectively with examiners; and handling any arising issues and complications as required.
- Maintain accurate departmental records ensuring compliance with GDPR.
- Act as the primary point of contact and provide support with the use of the online exam management system.
- Escalate to Examinations Manager any serious issues in a timely manner.
- Work flexibly and provide support to other operational areas/colleagues as required and carry out any other reasonable duties as required by the Head of Department or Executive Management.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English
- Proven experience of developing and managing complex procedures in a fast paced, high volume office environment.
- Commitment to a high standard of customer service, with excellent interpersonal skills and confidence in dealing with enquires from internal and external contacts.
- Excellent organisational skills, coupled with the ability to multi-task, prioritise, remain calm under pressure, and see tasks through to completion whilst demonstrating accuracy and strict attention to detail.
- Critical thinking and good analytical problem-solving skills to support effective decision making.
- Excellent team player, working flexibly and with others to meet the needs of Members, customers and the organisation.
- Sound IT skills with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, aptitude towards online management systems.
- Attitude of personal responsibility and accountability and a flexible, ‘can-do’ attitude towards the workplace
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and GDPR data protection legislation requirements.
- Understanding of membership organisations
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Experience of working within an examination board, awarding body or dance/arts environment
Salary: £23,200 per annum
Closing Date: 30 September 2019
Please send your CV and Cover letter highlighting how your skills meet the criteria for this role to email@example.com