Pathways to teaching the ISTD's new Contemporary syllabus
The ISTD offers a range of membership levels that give teachers access to the new Contemporary syllabus and to enter students for examinations.
Options to join for qualified dance teachers
If you hold either a full ISTD teaching qualification or an accredited Level 4 professional teaching qualification with a regulated awarding organisation such as the RAD, IDTA and BBO, you can join the ISTD as a Full or Affiliated member. To find about the specific entry criteria for each category and to sign up, please visit our Levels of ISTD Membership page.
Options to join for professional dancers and experienced non-ISTD teachers
If you are not qualified, but have demonstrable regular dance teaching experience, you can now join the ISTD as a Contemporary Affiliated member.
For full eligibility criteria and to apply, please download, complete and return the Contemporary Affiliated Membership Application Form to the Membership Team: email@example.com or call 020 7377 1577.
Contemporary Affiliated Membership - Fees and Benefits
The Contemporary Affiliated Membership will be at the annual rate of £131.00 (UK/Europe) / £162.00 (International). A one-off admin charge of £10.00 applies.
Contemporary Affiliated members are only eligible to enter candidates for ISTD Contemporary examinations, however they are entitled to the same great benefits as Affiliated members:
- Use of the ISTD logo
- Enter students for ISTD examinations*
- Discounts on many of the ISTD’s Continuing Professional Development (CPD) courses
- Discounts on ads in DANCE magazine and on the ISTD website
- Free access to My ISTD online members' area
- Eligible to join the ISTD dance insurance scheme (UK)
- Access to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Vetting Scheme
- Complimentary DANCE Magazine sent three times a year
- 5% discount in the ISTD Shop (applied automatically when logged in to My ISTD)
- Free use of the ISTD Library
If you have any queries, do not hesitate to contact the Membership Team: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7377 1577.
Becoming an ISTD member means you will be part of our global community, which has retained its reputation as one of the world's leaders in dance since 1904. We look forward to welcoming you as part of our Society.