Pathways to teaching the ISTD's new Contemporary syllabus
The ISTD offers a range of membership levels that give teachers access to the new Contemporary syllabus and to enter students for examinations.
Options to join for qualified dance teachers
If you hold either a full ISTD teaching qualification or an accredited Level 4 professional teaching qualification with a regulated awarding organisation such as the RAD, IDTA and BBO, you can join the ISTD as a Full or Affiliated member. To find about the specific entry criteria for each category and to sign up, please visit our Levels of ISTD Memberhsip page.
Options to join for professional dancers and experienced non-ISTD teachers
If you are not qualified, but have demonstrable regular dance teaching experience, you can now join the ISTD as a Contemporary Affiliated member.
For full eligibility criteria and to apply from within the UK, please download the Contemporary Affiliated Membership Application Form – UK and return to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For full eligibility criteria and to apply from within Europe, please download the Contemporary Affiliated Membership Application Form – Europe and return to email@example.com.
Rest of the world
International applications are reviewed on a case by case basis, please contact Chelsea Franklin at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your application.
For any other queries, do not hesitate to contact the Membership team at email@example.com or on 020 7377 1577.
Contemporary Affiliated Membership - Fees and Benefits
The Contemporary Affiliated Membership will be available from July 1st until December 31st 2019 at the half yearly rate of £64.00 (UK) / £64.00 (Europe). A one-off admin charge of £21.00 applies. The full year rate commences on January 1st 2020.
Contemporary Affiliated members are only eligible to enter candidates for ISTD Contemporary examinations, however otherwise are entitled to the same great benefits as Affiliated members:
- Receive DANCE Magazine three times a year - subscription worth £24Uk/£29 International
- Receive discounts on many of the ISTD’s Continued Professional Development (CPD) courses
- Free registration on dance-teachers.org - the ISTD's global online directory of ISTD dance teachers
- Receive discounts on ads in DANCE and on ISTD website
- Receive 5% discount in the ISTD shop (applied automatically when logged into My ISTD)
- Access to My ISTD online members' area
- Free use of the ISTD Library
- Ability to join the ISTD dance insurance scheme (UK)
- Access to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Vetting Scheme
If you have any queries, do not hesitate to contact the Membership team on 020 7377 1577.
Becoming an ISTD member means you will be part of our global community, which has retained its reputation as one of the world's leaders in dance since 1904. We look forward to welcoming you as part of our Society.