Government support for businesses

Government Advice

We understand that many members are facing very difficult times. There are a number of support networks out there offering financial and business advice to assist you at this time. No matter how big or small your business is, we are here to support you through the months ahead.

UK Government support for businesses

An overview of the measures can be downloaded here. Alternatively you can visit their website here.

UK Government support for the self employed

The government have now announced the self-employment income support scheme. Find out more here

Insurance Advice

Gallagher's Insurance Services have experienced a high volume of queries from teachers who are concerned about their businesses. The dedicated dance team at Gallagher have collaborated with the insurers to bring an extra level of cover to members. 

Many have asked about the option of conducting ‘Outdoor Classes’. The dedicated dance team at Gallagher's have collaborated with the insurers to bring an extra level of cover to members. 

For Members in the UK

Here is a round-up of some useful sites, links and contacts to help you manage your business.

For Tax advice: A new HMRC helpline has launched to help businesses concerned about paying their tax due to coronavirus (COVID-19). Learn more.

ACAS has published information for employees and employers, including simple steps to help protect the health and safety of staff.

A number of private lenders are also making funds available to small businesses impacted by COVID-19, including £2 billion from Lloyds Banking Group, £5 billion from NatWest and £7 billion from Barclays.

Citizens Advice are able to advise you what benefits you are entitled to. Visit their website here.

Contributory Employment and Support Allowance (ESA): Phone general inquiries or to report a change of circumstance - 0800 587 1377 / New claims - 0800 085 6318

Arts Council England news. Find out more online

For residents outside of the UK

For the latest information in your country please visit your government website for provisions for individuals and businesses in your region.


Global Public Affairs 

Canada Council for the Arts 

Canadian Dance Assembly 


National Dance Educators Organisation