Last year, we committed to contributing a portion of the income generated from the ISTD Challenge to create a fund to cover the cost of exam fees for students in financial need, and we are pleased to now launch the Examination Access Bursary.
This bursary is available to ISTD members, to support exam fees for a student currently studying at their school who is intending to enter for an exam in the spring or summer of 2023.
Applications will open in September and close when all funds have been allocated. Limited funds are available and therefore members are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Please check the eligibility and conditions to apply before submitting your application.
- The member submitting the application must hold an ISTD membership that is paid in full on the date of application
- The member believes that the exam fee presents a compelling financial barrier for the student (intended bursary recipient)
- The intended exam date must fall in the spring or summer of 2023 (January – August)
- Eligible Theatre faculty exams: Funding is available for from primary to Advanced 2 levels only, including class tests, jazz awards and medal tests
- Eligible Dancesport exams: Funding available for all amateur medal tests and grades
Conditions to apply
- Applications must be submitted by an ISTD member
- Applications must be submitted via the online form
- ISTD members can make one application for one student only
- The student must be studying at the member’s school
- The student must not be related to the member submitting the application
- Bursaries awarded can be used for the student and exam detailed on the application only
- Funding is for the cost of the exam as per ISTD published rates at point of application
How to apply
Online applications will be available on this webpage from 12pm on 1 September 2022 and will close when all funds have been allocated, at which point the application form will no longer be available. We recommend completing the application form using a Google Chrome browser.
Members will be notified of the outcome of their application via email by 15 December 2022.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org