Closing date: Friday 1 October
About the Society
The Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing (ISTD) is a registered educational charity and membership association. Our mission is to educate the public in the art of dancing in all its forms: to promote knowledge of dance; provide up-to-date techniques for members and maintain and improve teaching standards.
With approximately 6,000 members in over 55 countries worldwide, the Society conducts over 120,000 examinations each year. We were recently listed by Ofqual as one of the top 20 largest awarding organisations in England and in the top 5 for delivery of performing arts examinations.
The Society aspires to be a world leader in dance education, setting the benchmark for best practice through our extensive syllabi and teacher training. We are committed to becoming a dynamic, future-focused organisation that promotes the social, cultural, physical and educational benefits of dance for all.
Summary of the Role
We are looking for an Examinations Officer to provide a wide range of professional and efficient administrative services in support of Dance Examinations both online and live.
The job’s focus is working within a team to assist with processing, planning, preparation, organising, co-ordinating and supporting Dance Examinations. The role will also involve communicating on a regular basis with examiners and members to provide support, guidance and help using the ISTD internal system.
This role will report directly to the Head of UK Examinations.
Main Purpose of the Role
In addition to working closely with the Head of UK Examinations to assist with administration as and when required, the Examinations Officer will also be responsible for the following areas.
• Manage the examination process from application to delivery following company policies and syllabus requirements, including the verification of the membership status, candidate eligibility and accuracy of details on the online exam management systems within strict deadlines.
• Manage the examiner allocation and organisational process of the examination session. Proactively handle any arising issues and complications as needed.
• Maintain accurate records ensuring compliance with GDPR and ensure exam fees are received correctly within set deadlines.
• Act as the primary point of contact for examiners and Members, handle enquiries in a professional manner and provide support with the use of the online exam management systems.
• Collaborate with other ISTD departments and the Faculties as required, for example, to arrange sitting in sessions, examiner upgrading and ongoing monitoring of international examiners.
• Work flexibly and provide support to other operational areas/colleagues as required and carry out any other reasonable duties as required by the Head of Department or Executive Management.
How to apply
To apply as an Examinations Officer please send a letter of application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org The letter of application should summarise what you are able to bring to the role and how you meet the person specification. The successful candidates will also be required to provide details for two recent references that can evidence skills and suitability to carry out this role, (whether in an employed or voluntary capacity).