About the Society
The Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing (ISTD) is a registered educational charity and membership association. Our mission is to educate the public in the art of dancing in all its forms: to promote knowledge of dance; provide up-to-date techniques for members and maintain and improve teaching standards.
With approximately 6,000 members in over 55 countries worldwide, the Society conducts over 120,000 examinations each year. We were recently listed by Ofqual as one of the top 20 largest awarding organisations in England and in the top 5 for delivery of performing arts examinations.
The Society aspires to be a world leader in dance education, setting the benchmark for best practice through our extensive syllabi and teacher training. We are committed to becoming a dynamic, future-focused organisation that promotes the social, cultural, physical and educational benefits of dance for all.
Summary of the Role
We are looking for an aspirational individual who firmly believes in the values and aims of the organisation. The Finance team need a qualified accountant with strong management experience to help lead the organisation through challenges and opportunities.
The Head of Finance must have good all-round accounting skills, with the ability to produce year-end and management accounts. Excellent communication skills are a must, and you should be able to effectively partner with a wide-range of senior financial and non-financial stakeholders.
This role will report directly to the Director of Finance and Operations.
Main Purpose of the Role
- In addition to working closely with the Director of Finance and Operations, to assist as and when required, the Head of Finance will also be responsible for the following areas:
• Supporting the Director of Finance and Resources in all aspects of Finance: Statutory Accounts; Monthly Management Accounts; Cash Flow; Controls, Policies, and Procedures; Financial Compliance and Appraisal; Finance Training; Business Partnering and working with the Senior Management Team.
• Manage the Budgeting process in an efficient and consultative manner and deliver the operational budgets on time, presenting this to managers or committees as required.
• Working with Heads of Services to ensure effective Budgetary Management.
- Leading the organisation across all financial matters.
• Managing, coaching and developing the Finance team (four people).
How to apply
To apply as Head of Finance please send a letter of application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org The letter of application should summarise what you are able to bring to the role and how you meet the person specification. The successful candidates will also be required to provide details for two recent references that can evidence skills and suitability to carry out this role, (whether in an employed or voluntary capacity).