About the Society
The Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing (ISTD) is a registered educational charity and membership association. Our mission is to educate the public in the art of dancing in all its forms: to promote knowledge of dance; provide up-to-date techniques for members and maintain and improve teaching standards.
With approximately 6,000 members in over 55 countries worldwide, the Society conducts over 120,000 examinations each year. We were recently listed by Ofqual as one of the top 20 largest awarding organisations in England and in the top 5 for delivery of performing arts examinations.
The Society aspires to be a world leader in dance education, setting the benchmark for best practice through our extensive syllabi and teacher training. We are committed to becoming a dynamic, future-focused organisation that promotes the social, cultural, physical and educational benefits of dance for all.
Main purposes of the role:
- To set, lead and hold the standards for particular components within the ISTD qualification.
- To check and ensure that assessment judgements of Centre staff are consistent according to the marking guidance and the standards required of the qualification level.
- To conduct Annual Centre visits as and when required to ensure consistent delivery of the qualification and the related assessment activities across the Centres.
- To adhere to the conditions of recognition by the regulators and ISTD policies and procedures.
- To ensure the standards of marking are maintained and that grades are securely awarded for Level 6 teaching qualifications as a member of the Assessment Board.
How to apply
To apply as a Lead Moderator please send a letter of application and CV to email@example.com
Your letter of application should summarise what you are able to bring to the role and how you meet the person specification.
Applications Close: Monday 25 October 2021
Interviews: w/c Monday 1 November 2021
Start Date: Monday 15 November 2021