Become an ADC
Approved Dance Centres are independent schools and vocational colleges that have been approved by the ISTD to deliver its regulated initial teaching qualification, the Diploma in Dance Education (DDE).
To obtain ISTD approved status for your dance school or centre, these are just some of the requirements that must be met:
- You must prove your ability to provide an appropriate educational experience for learner teachers.
- Your staff must be suitably qualified and experienced, and have undertaken the relevant training.
- You must have in place appropriate mechanisms and procedures for governance, quality assurance and administration.
- Your health and safety, and complaints and appeals policies, as well as ongoing staff training must also be robust.
- Your studio’s physical facilities (e.g. size, flooring, lighting) must also be appropriate and up to date.
Our strictly regulated approval process assures student teachers wishing to gain the ISTD’s DDE that their teaching techniques and facilities are appropriate and up to date, and their teachers suitably trained and qualified, and thus helps ADC’s raise their profile to prospective learners.
Apply to become ISTD approved
To find out more about the ADC approval and application process, please contact Gemma Bridge, Initial Qualifications Co-ordinator.
The ADC scheme is available within the European Union and only applies to the DDE.
Note that to deliver ISTD graded and vocational graded examinations, class tests and similar more, ADC status is not required. It is simply the case that your school must have a suitably qualified ISTD teacher with a current and appropriate level of membership. Information about membership options can be found in the Membership section of this website.