|Date:||Sunday 12 Nov 2017||Start time:||Jazz & West End Workshops: 10am. Creation: 3pm|
|Venue:||Bird College, Alma Road, Sidcup, Kent DA14 4ED|
|Country:||United Kingdom||Faculty:||Modern Theatre|
A Modern Theatre Faculty competition for dance students to develop and display their own choreographic talents
The ISTD Modern Theatre Faculty presents
A competition for dance students to develop and display their choreographic talents.
In memory of Miss Doreen Bird.
A wonderful opportunity for students to explore various aspects of choreography and have their dancers perform to a renowned audience.
Prizes include the Mary Archbutt Trophy for Artistry and scholarships to Bird College International Summer School.
- Please enter the section based on the age of choreographer on 1st November 2017. Junior: 10–12 years / Senior: 13–15 years / Premier: 16–18 years
- A minimum of three performers in each piece
- One or more children may choreograph a number in the Junior section. Entries in the Senior and Premier sections must have only one named choreographer
- Choreographers may choose to perform in their own piece and/or choreograph for any age range. The choreography may be of any style within the Modern genre
- TIME LIMITS: Trios and Quartets: 3 minutes; Groups (5+ dancers): 4 minutes
- ENTRY FEES: Trio: £15.00; Quartet: £20.00; Group: £25.00
Closing date for entries: Monday 16th October 2017
For Creation entry forms and/or workshop booking forms: Elizabeth Reeves, email@example.com
Jazz & West End Workshops 2017
Preceding the Creation choreographic competition.
£10 Participant fee
A morning of Modern Theatre workshops for children and students aged 8–18 years.
Limited numbers. Prior booking essential.
For workshop booking forms, email Elizabeth Reeves at firstname.lastname@example.org