Jazz Dance Day in Forli, Italy
|Date:||Tuesday 16 Jul 2019||Start time:||10:00-17:00|
|Venue:||Sportilia, 167, 47018, S. Sofia (FO), Frazione Spinello, Italy|
An opportunity to learn all about Jazz
Join the ISTD in Italy this July for a two-day course, aimed at teachers and student teachers, which will focus on the Intermediate Foundation syllabus.
This course sits within a wider programme of events that make up the International Student & Teacher Summer School 2019. There are both residential and non-residential options available.
To learn more about the International Summer School programme of events please visit the dedicated web pages here.
Course title: Jazz Dance - a heritage that needs to be preserved
1) Seminar with video and image support
- What is Jazz?
- History/heritage of Jazz and its importance
- Mattox Technique
2) Teachers’ session (theoretical/practical)
- An approach and presentation of general jazz technique, Mattox technique, its basic principles and the philosophy of the grand master
3) Mattox technique session for students (practical)
- A basic approach to the technique. Teachers can participate or take part in the lesson. Q&A at the end
4) In-depth lesson on technical specificity (theoretical/practical)
- E.g. the study of pirouettes and diagonal turns using the Mattox technique
Numbers are limited so secure your place early to avoid disappointment.
For rates and booking deadlines please download a booking form below.
Alternatively, you can contact the Education & Training Team on
Tel: +44 (0)20 7377 1577