Dance Studios to Re-open From 25 July 2020
10 July 2020
Performing Arts guidance published by Downing Street.
Yesterday the UK Government issued guidance for a safe re-opening of the performing arts as part of a five-stage roadmap to bring our performing arts back safely.
On the date of publication (10/7/2020), we are at Stages One and Two of this roadmap, which means that dance studios can also reopen for professional dancers and choreographers. Dance studios in can then fully reopen from the 25 July and should follow guidance on:
It is important that you fully read and digest these guidance documents. We recommend that your first steps should then be to:
- Assess the risks, read the guidance.
- If you hire a venue contact your venue(s) to discuss re-starting classes and to request a copy of their COVID-19 risk assessment
- Complete a full and thorough Risk Assessment for your business – guidance and a template for this can be found here, along with further information about returning to the dance studio.
- Speak to your insurance company if you have any queries
- Seek support from your local Public Health Officer if you need further guidance
- Speak to parents/guardians and gain their support with your ‘new’ procedures for re-starting classes, providing clear information about the measures you have put in place in response to COVID-19
- Follow government guidelines and keep an eye out for developments