ISTD level 3 graded and vocationally graded exams - UCAS points
2 August 2011
From 2012 onwards, the level 3 will have UCAS points.
The ISTD’s Level 3 graded and vocationally graded dance examinations now have UCAS points which come into effect from 2012 entry onwards.
So, if you or one of your students is planning on applying to Higher Education for entry from 2012 onwards, follow this link to see the points you can now list on the UCAS application form.
The aims of graded dance qualifications are to provide students with:
- an increasing ability to demonstrate practical knowledge of dance disciplines
- a graduated measure of attainment against specific criteria
- increasing self-confidence through the learning, memorising and performing of prescribed sequences of movement, studies and dances
- an awareness and understanding of working with others
- an appreciation, through practical experience, of three contrasting dance disciplines with their accompanying music.
Look out for more information coming soon in DANCE magazine!
New higher level ISTD teaching qualifications
Do you want to achieve an accredited Level 6 teaching qualification? Or maybe progress from your ISTD teaching qualifications onto a BA Honours work-based learning programme? Or even a Masters programme? The ISTD has a brand new accredited teaching qualification route for you:
- the Level 6 Diploma in Dance Pedagogy
- a Higher Education conversion route to the BA (Hons) in Professional Practice: Dance Education
- and the MA in Professional Practice: Dance Technique Pedagogy.