Nominations Open for the Outstanding Dance Programming Award
13 June 2018
One Dance UK has opened nominations for the Outstanding Dance Programming Award.
Sponsored by the ISTD, the Outstanding Dance Programming Award is one of 23 categories that together make up the recently launched One Dance UK Awards 2018. This Award recognises a programmer or programming team who have pioneered an outstanding dance programme during the last twelve months. This award celebrates an individual or team who has succeeded in bringing dance to new audiences or diversifying the dance work they present, increasing opportunities for under-represented dance to be seen.
Anyone can nominate, so now is the chance to shine a light on some ground-breaking dance programming. Nominations can be made via the One Dance UK website up to Tuesday 31st July
The ISTD’s Artistic Director and Interim CEO, Ginny Brown commented:
‘Increasing diversity and access to dance is central to the mission of the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing (ISTD). We are therefore delighted to be sponsoring this year’s award’
One Dance UK’s CEO Andrew Hurst comments:
‘We’re thrilled to be launching the very first One Dance UK Awards. There is no shortage of exceptional talent and drive in the dance sector, but the hard work of many individuals and organisations often goes unrecognised. We hope the Awards will present a new and unique opportunity for such dedication to finally be acknowledged.’
The One Dance UK Awards will take place at a prestigious celebration at Leeds Beckett University this November. This new annual event is an opportunity for people in the industry to unite, celebrate, acknowledge and reward the people who have made an impact on the vibrant UK dance landscape.
Nominations for the Awards can be made via the One Dance UK website here.
About One Dance UK
One Dance UK is the sector support organisation leading the way to a stronger, more vibrant and diverse dance sector. We provide one clear voice to:
- Support all those working in the sector to achieve excellence in dance performance, education and management
- Advocate for the increased profile and importance of dance in all its diverse forms and settings
- Enhance dancers’ health, well-being and performance
- Identify gaps, provide opportunities and improve conditions for dance to be learnt, discussed and seen
We provide membership packages for a range of individuals and organisations to support, advise and connect people across the dance sector.
Our aim is to create a workforce that is well-equipped to secure dance's prominence in the cultural landscape of the future. We do this by providing services, information and opportunities for:
- Dance organisations
- All dance professionals including:
- Dance artists and choreographers
- Dance teachers, educators and practitioners
- Dance managers and producers
- Dance medicine and science/research professionals
- All children and young people.