Notice to Members: Coronavirus
17 March 2020
COVID-19: Updated Guidance for members, examiners, students and staff
We are committed to maintaining the health and well-being of our members, examiners, students and staff. We continue to follow the advice from the government and are monitoring the situation closely.
As a result of the government advice yesterday (16 March) to increase social distancing, avoid gatherings and work from home where possible, the organisation will be taking the following actions:
All examinations, courses and events will be postponed from Monday 23 March 2020 for a 12 week period and we will regularly review this situation.
- UK examinations: Refunds will be provided in due course
- International examinations: A member of the international examinations team will be in touch with you.
- Teachers’ courses: Refunds will be provided in due course
- Student events: Refunds will be provided in due course
For the safety and well-being of our staff, many will be working from home. We have put in place strategies and systems to ensure that there is no break in service to our members, however, we do ask that where possible you contact the organisation by email, rather than telephone.
Your contact list:
|Higher Education Inquiriesemail@example.com|
|Online mandatory Tutor Trainingfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|International Course Inquiriesemail@example.com|
|Customer Service & Quality Assurancefirstname.lastname@example.org|
Please note some of our services such as the shop will be operating with an extended turnaround.
You and your business:
As many of you are business owners, you will be concerned about the impact of the social distancing measures on your business. The recent budget announced a package of measures and support to individuals and businesses during this period. For more information on some of the measures announced download this overview or visit the website: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/tax-helpline-to-support-businesses-affected-by-coronavirus-covid-19
Health information and advice:
Provides information on what the coronavirus is, what the risks are and how to avoid catching and spreading coronavirus – and the main guidelines:
- If you have been in contact with someone with coronavirus or have returned from an affected area identified by the Chief Medical Officer as high risk and you are feeling unwell with a cough, difficulty breathing or fever, stay at home and use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service or call NHS 111.
- Wash your hands more often than usual, for 20 seconds using soap and hot water, particularly after coughing, sneezing and blowing your nose, or after being in public areas where other people are doing so. Use hand sanitiser if that’s all you have access to.
- To reduce the spread of germs when you cough or sneeze, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue, or your sleeve (not your hands) if you don’t have a tissue, and throw the tissue away immediately. Then wash your hands or use a hand sanitising gel.
- Clean and disinfect regularly touched objects and surfaces using your regular cleaning products to reduce the risk of passing the infection on to other people.
The NHS Overview states, "Most people can continue to go to work, school and other public places. You only need to stay away from public places (self-isolate) if advised to by the 111 online coronavirus service or a medical professional".
While the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing is not qualified to provide guidance beyond what the government has issued here is a round-up of useful sites:
Coronavirus (COVID-19) – guidance
Find out the number of cases and risk level in the UK, what to do if you have symptoms, and what the government is doing about the virus
Guidance for educational establishments
This guidance will assist schools and other educational settings in providing advice for pupils, students, staff and parents or carers regarding COVID-19
For the latest government advice about travelling abroad, including the latest information on coronavirus, safety and security, entry requirements and travel warnings visit https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice