Tap Syllabus Notices
Requirements for the Free Time step Section in Advanced 1 Tap
The Tap Faculty would like to clarify the requirements for the Free Time step Section in Advanced 1 Tap
The Time Step section content refers to shuffle time steps and breaks only (and not the pick-up time step – nor the wing nor roll time steps).
Content is as follows:-
- Shuffle Time Steps only. Singles, doubles, triples - time steps and breaks.
- Half breaks (first half or second half - i.e. Single would be shuffle hop spring shuffle step for the first half. Shuffle step shuffle ball change for the second half).
- Breaks (or time steps) can be straight or turning.
- Starting on 8 or starting on 1.
- With tacit (of a complete time step i.e. 4 counts; or of missed beats - just 1 beat. or of 2 or 3 beats).
- The pick-ups referred to are pick-up on one foot or pick-up change and will be used as follows in any time step:-
- A pick-up on one foot instead of a hop.
- A pick-up change instead of a spring.
- The rhythm of the time step can be changed by the examiner. It can include absolutely any rhythm with or without missed beats.
- Syncopation could be done in many ways. One possibility is - one single time step to the counts of 8&1& (-) &3& - or alternatively 1&2&(3)&4& The count in brackets refers to a missed beat.