The use of the NHS Covid-19 app and QR codes
From 19 July 2021, businesses in England are no longer required by law to collect and retain staff, customer and visitor information and display the official NHS QR code poster.
At the moment, many of you in the UK will now be required by law to collect and retain staff, customer and visitor information and display the official NHS QR code poster.
This is due to the higher risk of transmitting COVID-19 in premises where students (18+) spend a long time in one place and potentially come into close contact with other people outside of their household.
Who is this relevant to?
These venues include:
- Indoor sport and leisure centres, including gyms
- Community centres, libraries and village halls.
- How the NHS App works and stores information
- New Venues Alerts Process: A Guide For Businesses
- Why should I check in to a venue with the NHS COVID-19 app?
- Common QR Code questions
To help you prepare for these risks, we’ve created some support documents which provide an overview of some of the health and safety and operational issues you will have to consider.