For non-Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing qualified contemporary dance teachers and professional dancers, who want to teach the Contemporary Syllabus and enter students for exams.
What is the eligibility criteria?
Applicants must be able to demonstrate
- 2 years regular dance teaching at prevocational and/or vocational level in a dance school/collages, Centre for Advanced Training, secondary schools or colleges, universities or youth dance companies etc.
In addition to the above applicants must have completed one of the following:
- A three-year full-time BA degree or high qualification in dance OR
- A three-year diploma course in Dance / Musical Theatre at a vocational college OR
- Have three years of experience as a professional contemporary dancer. References may be required.
How do I apply?
All teachers must submit
- A copy of CV
- Two teaching references
In addition to the above, teachers must submit one of the following:
- Proof of qualification and a copy of transcript.
- Proof of qualification and training schedule.
- Two professional references.
If you do not fall into one of the above categories, you would like to apply for Contemporary Affiliate Membership or need more information please contact the Membership team on 0207 377 1577 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use of the Registered Member logo
- Free Registration on Find a Dance teacher
- Enter students for examinations from the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing
- Discounts on advertising in Dance magazine and in the classified advertising section of the website
- Dance Magazine issued three times a year (subscription worth £25 UK and EU/ International £30)
- 5% discount in the Society shop (applied automatically when logged into the member area)
- Access to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Vetting Scheme
Membership rates run from 1 April to 31 March but you can join us at any time throughout the year. Please note there is a one-off enrolment fee payment of £10 per application. Renewal falls on 1 April.
|Rate from 1 October 2023 – 31 March 2024
If you are joining from South Africa, please contact the membership team for fee details.
Concessionary rates are available in extenuating circumstances, please contact email@example.com for more information.