For non-Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing qualified teachers who are actively teaching dance, and for Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing qualified teachers who are not currently actively teaching or submitting students for exams.
What is the eligibility criteria?
Affiliate membership is available to a wide range of non-ISTD qualified teachers who actively teach dance.
Any person who holds teaching qualifications with an awarding organisation that is approved by a UK regulator or associated with a regulated awarding organisation can apply for affiliate membership.
If the teaching qualification is from a non-regulated awarding organisation or if comparable professional training and experience are submitted instead of teaching qualification, it will be assessed on a case by case basis.
We have recently conducted a review of more than 120 members in the Affiliate category to automatically upgrade those who met the criteria into the Full Teaching Member category so that these members can continue to enter students into exams. As of January 2021, Affiliate Members can no longer submit students for exams.
- Use of the Registered Member logo
- Free Registration on Find a Dance teacher
- Discounts on advertising in Dance magazine and in the classified advertising section of the website
- Dance Magazine issued three times a year (subscription worth £25 UK and EU/ International £30)
- 5% discount in the Society shop (applied automatically when logged into the member area)
- Access to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Vetting Scheme
Membership runs from 1 April to 31 March but you can join us at any time throughout the year. Please note there is a one-off enrolment fee payment of £10 per application.
|Affiliate subscription||Rate from 1 April to 31 March|
|International including EU||£45|
Concessionary rates are available in extenuating circumstances, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.