Demonstrate your commitment to high-quality training with our Full Teaching Membership.
Who can become a Full Teaching member?
Designed for ISTD-qualified dance teachers and approved non-ISTD-qualified teachers who are actively teaching dance and entering students for exams.
What is the eligibility criteria?
Over 18 years old and hold one of the following qualifications:
- The ISTD level 4 Diploma in Dance Education (DDE)
- The ISTD Associate qualification
- The ISTD Associate Diploma qualification or above
- The ISTD Level 6 Diploma in Dance Pedagogy (DDP)
- Non-ISTD dance teacher qualifications, that are approved by the Society. E.g. teachers who have trained with approved organisations such as RAD and have appropriate Ofqual regulated qualifications from CDMT-regulated awarding body or equivalent international training. Please upload your highest-level qualification certificate during the online joining (you can submit further certificates and evidence of teaching experience or CPD by email to email@example.com). Applications are assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- Use the Registered Member logo to promote your status as a member
- Display the designation after your name e.g., Jane Smith LISTD to demonstrate your professional status
- Register on Find a Dance Teacher to increase your visibility and expand your business
- Enter students for ISTD examinations
- Receive free Dance Magazines and keep up to date with the latest news, dance teaching tips, and hot topics. Issued three times a year (subscription worth £25 UK and EU/ International £30)
- Access exclusive events and a wide range of syllabus and non-syllabus training
- Get member discounts on CPD courses
- Access a range of business and marketing tools and assets to help promote and grow your business
- Use 5% discount in the Society shop (applied automatically when logged into the member area)
- Receive discounts on advertising in Dance magazine and in the classified advertising section of the website
- Gain access to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Vetting Scheme
- Be part of a dance community through our online forums, getting regular updates on genre-specific news and build valuable networks
- Wherever you are in the UK and across the world, we have representatives on hand - access our Regional and International representatives network
- Gain access to exclusive offers and discounts from our trusted partners including dance teacher insurance, business support, and more
- Enjoy full voting rights (except for those holding just an ISTD Associate qualification).
- As a Full member, you are eligible to stand for Faculty Committee elections. Represent member views and expertise in the development of syllabi and examination work in the genre/s you specialise in.
- Search for dance teaching jobs and schools for sale in the classified advertising section of the website
Membership runs from 1 April to 31 March but you can join us at any time throughout the year. Please note there is a one-off enrolment fee payment of £10 per application.
|Full Teaching subscription||Rate from 1 Apr – 31 Mar 2023/24|
|International including EU||£117|
Concessionary rates are available in extenuating circumstances, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.