If you are working towards your Diploma in Dance Education (DDE) or Associate qualification then Provisional Membership is your first step to a career in teaching dance.
Who can become a Provisional Member?
Aspiring Society qualified teachers looking to become Full Teaching members. Provisional Membership is also open to non-Society qualified teachers looking to progress their careers.
What is the eligibility criteria?
Theatre Dance: You must be aged 16 years and over and be working towards your Intermediate Advanced 1 or Advanced 2 Level 4 Diploma in Dance Education (DDE)
Dancesport: You must be aged 16 years and over and hold the student-teacher qualification.
Non-Society qualified? If you are aged 16 years and over, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options for pursuing training with the Society. Once you are enrolled on a vocational programme of study, you can submit an application for Provisional Membership.
Provisional Membership is a step towards Full Membership and Full Membership must be achieved within five years of first attaining Provisional membership.
- Discounts on advertising in Dance magazine and in the classified advertising section of the website
- Dance Magazine issued three times a year (subscription worth £25 UK and EU/ International £30)
- 5% discount in the Society shop (applied automatically when logged into the member area)
- Access to CPD courses and events
- Access to Faculty Facebook Groups for top-tips and advice
- Access to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Vetting Scheme
Membership runs from 1 April to 31 March but you can join us at any time throughout the year. Please note there is a one-off enrolment fee payment of £10 per application.
Provisional subscription rate for new enrolments are available for the UK (Normally at £77) and international members (Normally at £69) at £50 until 1 April 2023.